Sunday, July 30, 2006

From Bootcamp to the Beach

Our 5 week Great Commission Boot Camp ended July 19. Yes, sadly, the OBCT (Original Boot Camp Trainees!) club came to a close. To cap off the program, I left for Myrtle Beach the morning after it ended. I hoped and thought I could find time to relax and unwind. However, I found myself at work and almost just as busy. I guess it's fair - the deal was that I could go for free if I could help out. So amidst working on videos, helping out in the daily productions, running errands, I did find some quality time to hear from the Lord. He never stops working and speaking in my life - many times I'm too hard of heart to listen or too short-sighted to see His plan. I went through that little process this week, and finished with an affirmation of His love. Simple and powerful love. There truly is nothing more potent and more stirring than love and its expression. So maybe this week I didn't reflect on the past month of what I had been learning - that time will come. But, I experienced something infinitely more important - one more aspect of the depth of God's love for me. (And, I mean...if I go to Myrtle Beach, I have to go to the beach!)

"I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fulness of God." - Ephesians 3:17-19