pictured is Pastor Rory Whitney and Giorgi - the most cheerful person you'll ever meet!) The students were excited, the body was united, and people were spreading the Gospel. I just received an e-mail from a student I shared my faith with while at UNO:"Tim, something has happened that has completely knocked me off of my feet. God came to me on Wednesday, the day after watching your Dad and talking to you. It was in a way I couldn't deny... and I am Christian now. I had what I guess you could call a religious experience. He was just there and I couldn't deny. I am not completely interested in a religion but I have faith I do believe in Jesus in a way I never have before. I thank you Tim for just simply coming over to talk to me. This is all almost overwhelming at points... Again, I thank you and I wish you and your father safe travels."We spent Wednesday and Thursday at University of Nebraska at Lincoln. The college group here was smaller, but I felt the time much more encouraging and refreshing. Our first night was spent in prayer for the campus - this brought such unity among us and a renewal for our spirits. The next day we were able to talk to many people during Tom's preaching. I had two lengthy and interesting conversations. First, I talked with a very open-minded "Christian" (self-claimed, but not practical), which really means she has no one faith but accepts all beliefs. We had a great talk about how Christianity is different that other religions, how it is necessary and important to know truth, why truth is important. I felt sad for Jessica - she's a freshman that hopes to major in religious studies at a secular campus; her classes - just 3 days into them - are already leading her down a path that gives Christianity a bad name. Secondly, I talked with Mandy, an international student from Malaysia. We talked mainly about how Christianity offers purpose and makes sense. With these two conversations, looking back, I am amazed at how I was able to defend the hope I profess (I Peter 3:15). First, Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would gives us the words to say (Luke 12:12). I really believed this happened, and it was a wonderful experience having it happen before my eyes! Secondly, Bill Fay suggests that Christians can sometimes be so filled with knowledge and never releasing it that we become "spiritually constipated." He says that we really do have answers and knowledge within us, but we need to go out and give. I absolutely loved these past four days on campus: listening and learning from Tom, receiving answers about my faith and sharing them with others literally minutes later, experiencing fellowship - a wondeful start to this fall! I hope and pray that these stories will only continue and increase!
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory!" - Ephesians 3:20