We spent four days in Salt Lake City - three days on campus of the University of Utah. I had no idea Salt Lake City was so beautiful! It sits in a valley of mountains surrounding the city. As commonly known, this is the capitol of Mormonism. And though their presence was not quite apparent when Tom preached, most of the people I talked with on the side were Mormon's. With those I talked with, I get the idea that people treat their Mormon belief similar to how Christians treat their belief - either real solid in their faith or extremely indifferent. I believe that Mormon's are one of the hardest people to reach - they don't disagree with Christians, and their some of their doctrines are just a slight variation from Christianity while other doctrines are out in left field. However, we still were able to see God work on a handful of hearts on the campus. Also, the Rock church out in Salt Lake City (especially that college group) seemed to be excited and refreshed after out trip and ready to grow.
Even with a busy schedule, the three of us managed to do a little bit of site-seeing. Monday night we drove - not hiked :( - half of a mountain to a meeting held by the church. It was a beautiful sunset and panorama of the mountains. Wednesday, before leaving for home, we took a 30-minute tour of the Mormon Temple Square.