Before I leave for the airport in 30 minutes, I want to write about my times in Germany. I spent every day out on the campus at the University of Bochum. With Jenilee, we met people, developed relationships, and shared the Gospel. The time was very fruitful, and I owe all of this to prayer.
There was one contact that I felt was particularly special. Pierre and Dorothy were French, and we met them on a Thursday. We talked for a couple hours, and then they invited us to a barbecue. We went on Sunday, and actually met new people more than we did connect with Pierre and Dorothy. My heart was gripped at the barbecue; I met two people were we could just talk and talk. The students here seem so ready to receive Christian love- perhaps not Jesus as Lord... yet. But I felt they were ready, and it was hard for me to realize that I won't see them again. On Wednesday, my last day, we met with Pierre and Dorothy again. After two days or relationship building, we finally dove into deeper life questions, which was a great bridge to God. Jenilee and I left that time very confident in the work of the Lord. It is sad for me to leave them, but I do believe salvation for Dorothy- she is interested and asked so many good questions about how Jesus relates to real life.
We had a few other good contacts, but they were ones that we had to leave in God's hands. More and more, I'm learning the concept of "one sows, and another reaps." I believe the students we talked with saw a representation of Jesus in us, and heard the Word of God.
My time in Germany was well spent, and I am leaving very encouraged. It has been a joy to serve the Lord in other countries and truly being an ambassador for Jesus. The more time I spent on the campus, the more encouraged and strengthened I became. I am truly sad to leave; I feel I could have done so much more, and would love to see the friends I made in Germany and follow up with people I met on the campus. I now trust in God to continue the work I did.
I cannot thank you enough for your prayers, support, and encouragement. I look forward to telling you more about what God did - face to face or over the phone. Thanks again, and continue to praise Him.